Our best estimates tell us that there were probably more than 1,000 Stepping Up™ Super Saturday events hosting more than 23,000 men on Saturday, February 2, 2013. It’s a day that many men will cite as the day their lives changed forever, for the better. In groups as small as four, and as large as 400-500, men met to eat, learn, watch, share and face the realities of where they stood in the journey of courageous manhood.
FROM THE STEPPING UP SUPER SATURDAY EVENT
We saw many stories being shared on Facebook and Twitter. Stories like these:
I attended a Stepping Up video event yesterday in Albany, Oregon. I have to say this was a wake up call and a great reminder that I need to step up to become a better leader in my household. Also a great reminder that I need to step up and gain courage to defeat the giants that have been hindering my walk with God. Going through this I definitely gained my “bearings” on what it takes to step up and become a man of God!
Just wrapped up attending the Super Saturday Stepping Up event at Highland Park Community Church in Casper, WY. Sold out event of nearly 200 men! What an awesome day!!!
While most churches are wrapping up their event, Glen Elder Friends KS is just beginning in 3 minutes! Please pray for all men who are gathered who have come from as far as 100 miles away to accept the challenge to courageous manhood!
And, there were some photos shared, too:
God showed up in big ways across the nation. But, as incredible as that is, the work is yet to be done.
WHAT’S YOUR NEXT STEP?
Pablo Picasso said, “Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.” So what is it from Saturday’s event that you are NOT willing to die with it being left undone? Here are five things to help you take the NEXT RIGHT STEP:
- Review your Stepping Up Creed (if you went through the manual, you would have created a Stepping Up Creed to help you with your next steps). Of those statements, which ONE is the most urgent and important? Write down an action step that you can take with a deadline to help you be accountable. Then, share it with at least one other friend or your small group. Send an email saying something like, “Bob, I’m committed to taking the next step in being God’s man. By [date] I am going to [action step]. Would you help me by asking me how I’m doing on this?” Or, share it via email to your small group and discuss it at your next gathering.
- Consider either hosting or attending the Stepping Up 10 session video series. It has some of the material from the Super Saturday one day event but it goes into each of the issues in much more depth. You can find out more about that study on our MenSteppingUp website.
- Consider spending the next seven days praying about the items God brought to your mind during the event. Commit to spending time asking God for direction, courage and initiative to take the next right step. Some of you will need to reconcile a relationship that’s been strained or even torn. Maybe there’s an addiction or lifestyle change that MUST take place for you to move on toward courageous manhood as God designed. Whatever it is, don’t give the Enemy a foothold. Ask God for strength and let at least one other man know you are praying and have him pray with you. Then, after the week is over (you don’t have to stop praying 🙂 ), do what men do … ACT on it. As Nike says, “Just do it.”
- Dennis challenged us right from the beginning of the session to pray with our wives. Make this a priority in your lives. If you are uncomfortable, begin by praying for your wife alone. It’s very hard to stay upset with someone you are praying for. Pray for her needs, issues she’s facing, ask God to help you “love her as Christ loves you” and anything else that God brings to your heart. Then, move to praying with her. Somedays it may only be a quick half minute prayer and other days it may be longer. But start. You’ll be amazed at how it will draw you closer together.
- If you’re really serious about investing your time in starting or growing a men’s ministry at your church, you need to check out one of our ministry partners, Every Man Ministries. They have a program that will guide you through each phase of building a vibrant men’s ministry in your church. It’s a great program and Kenny Luck is one of the key leaders in the men’s ministry movement that is taking shape in our nation. Find out more here: Every Man Ministries
- BONUS: Read a book or find additional studies and resources that fit the situation you are facing or the one that is most significantly imprinted on your mind. Ask a friend to read it with you to discuss. Here are a few places to look for books (ebooks and paper books) and other resources that might help you take the next step (remember leaders are readers):
- Stepping Up Website (www.mensteppingup.com)
- Focus on the Family
- Raising a Modern Day Knight
- All Pro Dad
- Any books by Stu Weber, Steve Farrar or Tim Keller (more than just men’s topics but great insight on men and their spiritual journey).
- If you know of others that belong here on this list, share them below for other men who come by.
Men, nothing will happen until you take the next step. Wishing and hoping won’t work. In fact, it’s probably what got you into this place. You want to be a godly man but you just didn’t have the tools. Now you do. So, what is your NEXT RIGHT STEP? Don’t wait another day. Just do it.